How can I make sure my company stays up-to-date and compliant?
This is a question we receive often. There are resources available, many free, which are tailored to help employers stay informed and up-to-date on the latest policy changes and compliance regulations. Below are three examples of resources which provide helpful HR related tools and information to help you stay in-the-know.
Mammoth HR (formerly HR Answerlink) - Provides tools and consultations to address companies' HR needs
- Access included within the WebHCM for clients with WebHR!
- Provide Free HR Content including subscription to their blog
- Provide different tiers of membership plans according to your needs/budget
- Provide monthly HR informational webinars. Sign up encouraged!
CalChamber (for CA employers) - "The California labor law authority for over 50 years". CalChamber offers an abundance of resources (at the CA and Federal level) such as:
- For purchase items like: compliance posters/pamphlets and HR form/checklist templates
- Training courses and seminars (both live and recorded)
- Paid memberships which include options for: labor law help-lines, alerts, Q&A's, (included access to) HR forms/checklist templates, etc.
They also have free subscriptions to a variety of newsletters
HR Watchdog (by CalChamber) - “CalChamber’s employment law experts analyze federal and California legislation, important court cases and agency actions that affect employment law.”
- They offer a free subscription to their newsletter
- Website includes blog posts and articles on a multitude of topics
Disclaimer: These materials are provided for informational purposes only and are not intended as legal or tax advice. Readers of the IBS Blog should contact their legal or tax professionals to discuss how these matters relate to their individual circumstances.